My Bushcraft Rucksack...

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
That's a very nicely thought out rucksack Neil. As someone who enjoys making bags, I can imagine how many hours went into it.

What is the main green material ? I am on the lookout for something in that colour.

Richard

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I can see that a lot of thought and work has gone into that. The skill level of some people on this forum just blows me away. Great job!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like the look of that ... except it ain't in waxed canvas and leather wit brass fittings:D
As someone who has made a fair few packs in my time , I can see how much work and thought has gone into that pack.
Any thoughts of going into production with it?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
There's some nice features the floating lid in particular as gear never packs back down in the field quite as nicely as it does at home.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I like the look of that ... except it ain't in waxed canvas and leather wit brass fittings:D
As someone who has made a fair few packs in my time , I can see how much work and thought has gone into that pack.
Any thoughts of going into production with it?
Haha John - the Munro is going to be used to make a pattern to make a leather & canvas version! I bought your book many years ago John - it was quite an inspiration.
There are no plans to go into production, as I'm not set up for that, but if there are any Rucksack Manufacturers reading this....send me a PM!

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Thanks Neil. I think I may have a sample of it that they sent me. I dont suppose you can remember their code for it ?

Neil. Did you happen to know the Profabrics code for the material ? Thanks Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
looks similar to where I've been going with load carrying. using a LK35 pack, a downeast 1603 frame, molle straps and waist belt, and various british army pouches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE