My Bushcraft Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
So after a lot tweaking, this is my bushcraft setup

In short some of you may remember that Heinnie's were flogging off some machetes that had surface pitting on them.
I figured it may make a good project, so got a number2....(ooeerr!)

So thanks to a lack of tools a very talented friend from a knife throwing club, i asked him to polish up the blade with a view to fitting a handle on it.

Well i got a e-mail the other day telling me he had finished it and a sort of apology that he had gone a bit OTT.

Well at the knifeclub on Sunday he gave me this back:

Bushcraft.jpg

A highly polished blade, mosaic pins and ebony wood. This now complements my Paul Harris bushy and firesteel handle from purpleheart wood with a buffalo horn spacer. There is far more reflection from the blade than i would normally do, but i tried to give an impression of just how polished this is.

To say i am pleased would be an understatement.

:)

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
absolutely superb mate, i bet you're well pleased with that. if it were mine i think i'd be giving it a good soaking in some vinegar now to protect the shiney new surface

stuart

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
So after a lot tweaking, this is my bushcraft setup

In short some of you may remember that Heinnie's were flogging off some machetes that had surface pitting on them.
I figured it may make a good project, so got a number2....(ooeerr!)

So thanks to a lack of tools a very talented friend from a knife throwing club, i asked him to polish up the blade with a view to fitting a handle on it.

Well i got a e-mail the other day telling me he had finished it and a sort of apology that he had gone a bit OTT.

Well at the knifeclub on Sunday he gave me this back:

Bushcraft.jpg

A highly polished blade, mosaic pins and ebony wood. This now complements my Paul Harris bushy and firesteel handle from purpleheart wood with a buffalo horn spacer. There is far more reflection from the blade than i would normally do, but i tried to give an impression of just how polished this is.

To say i am pleased would be an understatement.

:)
first of that looks fantastic mate, does the tang go all the way to the end of that scales?

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
first of that looks fantastic mate, does the tang go all the way to the end of that scales?

No, like the original the tang stops about 1cm after the last pin.

It looks like my friend has used 2 pieces and slightly routed out the tang shape before glueing them together.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE