My bushcraft knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 25, 2013
Estonia
Hi, I`m from Estonia and I`m new here. First of all I tell you about my bushcraft knives which I use mostly.

First knife is well-known Mora Frost Clipper 840MG, which has carbon steel blade and it is very easy to sharpen. This blade is very sensitive to rust, but if you oil it little bit after use, then it has better resistant to rust. It`s also cheap knife and you don`t have to worry much when you lose it.
Mora Frost Clipper 840MG:
010218039944f44.jpg

Second knife is Marttiini Ilves 131, which is made in Finland. It has stainless steel blade, hardened to 54 HRC, which makes it also very easy to sharpen. It cas nice curly birch handle and leather sheath. It is full tang knife, which makes it durable and strong. Handle is varnished, which isn`t very good because it is slippery when the handle is wet. But in conclusion this is good knife.
Marttiini Ilves 131:
010218031976436.jpg

Third knife is locking blade knife. The manufacturer is EKA, which is located in Sweden. Model is Swede 8. Blade is quite thick (3mm) and this makes this knife good for hunting knife. Locking system is very good too, it doesn`t have backlash or nothing. The handle scales are made form bubinga wood. Blade material is Sandvik 12C27 steel, which is hardened to 58 HRC and blade keeps edge quite well.
Eka Swede 8:
0102180357922dd.jpg

Then two mostly used SAKs are Victorinox Camper (91mm model) and Victorinox Tourist (84mm) model.
Those knives have all tools which is necessary to me. Camper is 3-layer, Tourist is 2-layer.
Tourist is my EDC, Camper I take with me when I go forest or do some outdoor activites.
Victorinox Camper:
010218037996c6a.jpg

Victorinox Tourist:
0101987275895e2.jpg

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for showing us your Knives.....................all the best, mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE