My Birthday weekend trip

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - last Friday was my birthday so I had planned a Meet at the site where I not only go to play but is also the place I work. I had carefully booked the weekend and the Friday off and turned up and started pitching my basha nice and early so as to get a good bit of "me time" before the others arrived...
It is strange how not all things go to plan...
I was mid pitching when my boss turned up and asked if I could do a shift as he was a support worker short - so I ended up supporting one of the guys make a Pasta bake and an Angel Delight pud and after lunch going for a walk with him and some other service users.
Only one of the Bushcrafters turned up while I was on shift and the late PM and evening was as planned. :) One of the service users joined us and slept under the stars ... I think he enjoyed it! I had a very nice cake and a couple of the guys even gave me nice prezzies of special Scottish falling down water :)
The heat was intense and it was difficult to sleep but eventually it was Sat and work on the site began - while I dug a new toilet trench the guys cleared more brambles and prepared more pitches but by lunch it was too hot for labour and in the PM we all went on an exploratory walk over a few of the acres of woodland we have access to.
It was killing hot doing this too and after a water collection run we took it easy for the rest of the day.
Sunday morning was spent in a relaxed manner then around Noon everyone packed and left as some had a long way to go to get home
Thanks guys for a great birthday trip and a special thanks for the generous donations to getting the medical kit out to Africa http://www.clynfyw.co.uk/wheelie.htm
006.jpg
Found on site and now the camp mascot...
023.jpg
Lots of brambles cleared and added to the "bramble basha" natural shelter
019.jpg011.jpg
018.jpg

Juv2112

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
West Wales
Glad you had a good time John, it was a great weekend for me too - my first taste of a bushcraft camp and my first taste of sloe gin, enjoyed both very much indeed.

BTW do you have a name for the mascot yet?

Juv2112

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
West Wales
Some pictures of John's birthday meet
gF0y8FUl.jpg
[/IMG]
Spot the rabbit
1iCfdmVl.jpg
[/IMG]
2bFC1rzl.jpg
[/IMG]
Twrch Trwyth
65EXXYbl.jpg

Syqus1tl.jpg

Roundhouse
FsiyQjXl.jpg

CqzECyzl.jpg

rvHxJ2Gl.jpg

John's shelter
GtSle0Rl.jpg

Chickens
JHW84Xal.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks a magical place for your 21st (with 36 years experience) Mr Fenna. What a cracking site and sounds like the company was good too. Lovely buildings and grounds. Hmm a naming comp for the mascot, what about Furry Fenna?)
Cheers for sharing with us Sir.

Juv2112

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
West Wales
Thank God that worked, been having issues with my laptop since the meet anything to do with photos and damn thing been freezing up. The meet was great and it was a pleasure to meet John, who had taught me so much before I had even met him. A competition for the camp mascot is a great idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE