Mushroom ID Please

F

Faeden

Hi all.

Does anyone have any idea what these mushrooms are that I found today? I have never seen them before. I found them in Cambridgeshire.

Thanks in advance.

mushies2.jpg

mushies.jpg

They were in woodland about about 5 meters in the woods from the path.

Y

yugudva

Hi all.

Does anyone have any idea what these mushrooms are that I found today? I have never seen them before. I found them in Cambridgeshire.

Thanks in advance.

mushies2.jpg

mushies.jpg

They were in woodland about about 5 meters in the woods from the path.

well its quite difficult to say couse those mushrooms are covered with another kind of mushrooms-white stuff-its developed when extremely wet...and any kind of mushrooms may look like this

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
You know, I think this might be panther cap. Cap is brown with warts. It's got a ring, it has gills. The gills stay pretty white even in the old specimen shown. Also looks a bit like the scaly wood mushroom.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Looking closely at the shape, with the skirt on the cap and the cluster they are grouped in, I think they may of been argaricus augustus, the prince. The white stuff isn't in my books but I think it maybe in the division of Zygomycotina. It is more of an autopsy than ID though.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I found a few parasols today, and saw two humungous earth balls! They were opposite a wasps nest that looks like it has been dug out by maybe a badger. The wasps were not amused!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE