Mushroom / Fungi book recommendations please

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Can anyone reccommend areally good identification book that uses photographs instead of drawings please, it would also be required that edible / non-edible was designated as well

all pointers gratefully recieved as we are looking to start harvesting our local woods :) we were out for a walk today and there were loads of different mushroons / fungi but i wasn't brave enough with my limited knowledge.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
rogers mushrooms looks ok, but the photos are taken in a studio, would it not be better to have the photo's taken where the mushrooms were found to aid identification ?

mercurykev

Forager
Sep 6, 2011
Musselburgh
That's where the Collins guide comes in. The problem with in situ photos is that you can't get a good look at major features such as gills, and base, etc. The Phillips book has photos of fungi taken from many angles which helps identification.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Although it does not cover inedible mushrooms I would whole heartedly recommend Mushrooming with confidence by Alexander Schwab. It has excellently detailed photos, great descriptions and a very helpful ID checklist. Nice book.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE