Multi-cooker 'Honey Stove 09'

• Thread starter He' s left the building
  • Start date
H

He' s left the building

I've just seen this stove on BPL (I have no links to this retailer): http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product397.asp

I'm thinking of using it with wood, esbit tablets or a Tatonka meths burner (primarily with the meths burner, as I'm unable to light fires in my usual haunts)

Has anyone else seen this stove or used it?

I'd be very interested to hear any feedback, I've read some excellent advice on bushcraftuk for the burners which has influenced my choice. I will post my own feedback in time but I'm possibly about to move house (again) and I don't anticipate getting mine for another few months (I'll also have to wait another two pay-days to buy it...!!)

Edited to add: forget all the above, I've just seen review on here, doh!

MancsMan

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2008
Manchester
Large tin of chappie, couple of coat-hangers, drill and snips, all in 69p or 35 squids plus PP, such a hard choice to make.......

H

He' s left the building

haha, yeah spot on MancsMan, I was thinking of doing a home-made hobo stove myself when I saw the price, but I'm one for shiny kit (maybe I shouldn't admit to that??!!!)

Think I'll break myself in slowly with a Tatonka burner (that's nice and shiny) and home-made windshield and then see where the mood takes me!

Rothley Bill

Forager
Aug 11, 2008
Rothley, Leicestershire
I have an 08 version and while it is expensive and shiny, I now am not without it when out. I use my trangia pans and even the kettle. Burns most things and will take the trangia burners aswell. There is a tread in the reviews section of the 08 version and some comments on the 09 which looks better and would have appeared to have taken all the wrinkles out of the 08, not that there were many it was so well thought out.

Go on buy one you know you want to

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE