Msr blacklite pan.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
I like the idea of it but not the price. Can't justify the £40 for it. Can I use a Teflon thin cake tin instead? Will it knacker the Teflon on a fire?! Not sure if this has been done before? To be fair they Are £5 each. By the the way, new member and first post! So hello every one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
backpackingliteuk have got ultra light pans going. Also coleman exponent have lightweight cookware quality non stick, rated by fishermen. If yoy want efficiency though, a wide pan is almost as good as a narrow pan with a heat exchanger, consistently. Milled bases drag efficiency down compared to flat ones, and any exposed metal, so an insulated one with an insulating lid will go a long way.

jiffi

Nomad
Jun 24, 2010
Castle Douglas, Scotland
I have the set of blacklite pans from when I just was camping not bushcrafting they are excellent but expensive not sure how they would do on hot coals but should be fine on pretty much any kind of stove.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
One extreme to the other. Why not just buy an inexpensive non-stick frying pan?

Mainly because I already have a trangia grab handle and I would like to keep my pack light as I possibly can. Although I do believe in the phrase "carry light freeze at night" but to carry a frying pan just seems a little over zealous. Saying all this found a compact ba mess tins with a lid that could be just as useful for £7 with p&p. I have all the warmth and sleeping gear now my main aim now is prep, cooking and food. Quite impressed with this site I am defo buying a milbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE