Mousepads

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Trackpad; How was I to know what it is called?

I know what it does and thats it.

I suspect driver problems as when I first switch on, it does work, then stops.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Trackpad; How was I to know what it is called?

I know what it does and thats it.

I suspect driver problems as when I first switch on, it does work, then stops.

Hey at least we could work out what you meant by the name.:) Better than I do as I'm guilty of using "Thingamy" and "Whatchamacallit".

If it's drivers you could try re installing the drivers and hopefully that will sort the problem out. Question. How soon after turning on does it stop working?

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

I haven't laughed so much for ages - almost handbags at dawn over a computer! :lmao:(Note how I cleverly avoided the use of mouse mat/pad/trackball etc)

Bopdude might be correct - it might not be a 'breakdown' of the track-pad, just a deselection of it during use. This happened to me once and I managed to get it working - more by luck than savvy by mooching around the bottom tool bar where I found the select/deselect button! :)

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Thats a good idea, -where do I find it?

What's your operating system?

Windows XX, Linux, Mac?

My wife has Win7 and her touchpad control is a tiny grey square in the bottom right of the screen. when ever she uses the mouse an even smaller red light appears in the grey square. She uses a wireless trackball and turned off the touch pad using the option found by clicking the grey square. It still works until the desktop appears then it shuts off.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
I'm still running XP on an old laptop -

Right hand corner of the bottom toolbar is a trackpad icon -

Hover mouse pointer over and it states - synaptics pointing devices -

Double left click on the icon and it opens a (mouse properties) menu

Mooch around that - you may find a solution.

I hope it is that easy and you don't have a hardware issue. :)

scarfell

Forager
Oct 4, 2016
south east
Thats a good idea, -where do I find it?

There is often a switch to disable/enable the trackpad, on some computers its in the corner of the pad itself, holding your finger on it may switch it on or off (and led may change state), or it could be a key on the keyboard, hopefully with a symbol that looks like either a mouse or a trackpad; you may need to press the Fn key at the same time

Next stop will be a manual, laptops are not made to a single standard beyond screen and qwerty keyboard, the manufacturer will have a manual you can download

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE