Mountain rescue warning folks to only go this Easter if they are properly kitted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-32135237

Apparantly the weather forecasts are bad, and the conditions are already awful.
The warning is timely since the holidays are upon us.
They're not saying don't go, just think hard, and for heaven's sake only go if you wear decent kit and are properly prepared.

http://www.mountainrescuescotland.org

If someone is au fait with the English, Welsh and Irish mountain rescue links, it'd be appreciated if they could be posted too.

atb,
M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Typical easter weather. Was hoping to make my first attempt at a camp :(

No reason at all not to go on your first camp, just be very well prepared and have all the right gear for where you're going; don't go up the hill, there's plenty of good, interesting and safe lowland areas, and don't go anywhere outside of your ability to get back to safety in the event of something going awry. Let somebody reliable know where you intend to go and when you intend to return, then stick to the plan. Have a good read around on basic safety procedures, learn them and then practice your skills somewhere safe 'till your level of competence increases with your knowledge. Above all, never allow yourself to be talked into doing something or going somewhere you're not very well prepared for. That's how we all learn, and it never stops :)

Go off and have a great and safe first camp!

Irvy

Mar 29, 2015
Glasgow
Yeah I'm not planning on travelling far and certainly not in any hilly areas. I have a few nice pieces of woodland scouted out in a lowland valley.

Starting out I'll be using a tent and practising shelter building till the decent(ish) weather comes.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Sounds like a good plan, Irvy......I hope you have a great time and don't forget to let us all know how you get on :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE