Mountain Man Blanket/Coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
According to a past thread some of you seem rather keen to take to the woods & hills of this wee Isle wearing nothing more than a stripy blanket. Here then your chance to ensure your place as a roving 'extra' in the next Ray Mears film:

blanket.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUDSON-BAY-POIN...236845142QQcategoryZ73979QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whilst I'm not sure if one is permitted to use the word "plonker" on this web site such certainly springs to mind! :lmao:

Cheers!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its a bit garish, isnt it?

(says she who takes the simplistic view of clothing, she wears whatever family and friends dump on her, untill worn out and replaced by them sick of seeing her in rags)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
This looks like you typical french canadian reenactors Capote to me from my limited reading on the subject some here this seams to be the modern recreation of the voyager / trapper blanket coat apparently some companies only issued shirts, trousers and blankets to their men not coats and it appears that the men maid there own garments from there issue blankets this one though doesn't look particulaly accurate or well made for that matter so the maker might just have stuffed up a nice Whitney point blanket. Has it sold yet ? and whats the top bid? (ebay's blocked here)

James

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It didn't sell. Bidding was to start at $199, but Buy it Now was at $250. No bids.
Seller lists an other one at the same price, but in a less garish colourscheme :)

Cheers,
Toddy

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I made a top out of an old blanket, pretty much a pullover style thing, no stripes though. If it had been checks or tartan though...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE