Mountain life pack 30 ltr

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Just wondered if anyone thought this was good value or if anyone had any idea of the quality of these products. We have a store in Beverley and I tried it on my son who is 10, other than the shoulder straps maybe been a bit wide it actually fitted him really well and the hip belt provided what appeared to be a good bit of support. it would also double as a decent little day pack for summer bimbles.

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/Bags_Rucksacks/Day_Packs/sc1402/p64.aspx

My son is very keen now to start coming out with me more and as any 10 year old he wants to carry his own kit. Or does anyone know of any better maybe child specific packs, I have seen them in the USA but not here.

Cheers

Andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Thanks Mancsman I think that old style pack may be a bit heavy for my lad once its got gear in it. On another note that company has had some very bad press on a thread on here recently so be careful if you do order something from them.

Nat I thought it looked good for the price it was quite short so sat on my lads hips ok and the padding was good on the back too. He also like the colour I wonder why. Will be interested to see if anyone else has come across something that youngsters find comfy to carry.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I find it handy for day trips, if i'm just going for a 10-20 mile yomp. My water bladder fits where the foam insert goes, a 14cm billy with brew kit and fire lighting kit, Coleman Alpine gas stove, cup, waterproof jacket (packaway type) couple of collins gem sized books, compass etc. The compass fits into one of the hip belt pockets. I can strap a pair of webtex bivi poles to the outside aswell. It sits comfortably and i'm 5' 8"
Alternatively, to give you a fully packed out version for work:
10 inch sarnie box,
2 boxes of cakes
bottle of fruit juice
portable dvd player plus cable and remote
book
work notes
A4 writing book
pens
ID card
2 bottles of lucozade
4 packets of crisps
headtorch + spare batteries
mini maglite + spare batteries (Both of these are useful when we have to go out and reset a security system on a scheme)
mobile phone recharger

Weighs quite hefty but i cycle to and from work with it on.

For £20 i'm impressed!

Nat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE