Motor Recovery Services???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I know this is about as unrelated to Bushcraft as one can get, but here goes anyhow!

I reckon I need to sign up with some sort of car recovery service on the off chance that I break down, something like the AA, Direct Line, Greenflag or the RAC, but not sure who to go with. Anyone care to share their experience of being serviced by one of these companies? There seem to be a lot more out there than I knew about, they all claim to offer the level of service I want, all at roughly the same price.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved. THanks

Chris

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
C_Claycomb said:
I know this is about as unrelated to Bushcraft as one can get, but here goes anyhow!

I reckon I need to sign up with some sort of car recovery service on the off chance that I break down, something like the AA, Direct Line, Greenflag or the RAC, but not sure who to go with. Anyone care to share their experience of being serviced by one of these companies? There seem to be a lot more out there than I knew about, they all claim to offer the level of service I want, all at roughly the same price.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved. THanks

Chris

That's what other chatter is for :biggthump

I have been with AA and Green Flag, Never had to use GF but the AA was good when it was needed. The best bit was being able to call out the AA for other peoples cars, I would be at a mates house, his car would not start and I called the AA :-D
Play them off against one another, so and so offers that for this price what can you do to beat it, that sort of thing. A bit like shopping for insurance, they do have room to compromise.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I drive a Discovery, which goes just over 2 ton IIRC, the AA have recovered that twice, once from Scotland to Cambridge.
Not counting the repair costs, the AA membership was probably about the same as the fuel I would have needed to drive home! :shock:

Dave

The trouble with the RAC and AA is that they are part of the road lobbby demanding that most of the country be turned into roads, the only green spaces remaining will be the roundabouts ....... ;)

An alternative is The Environmental Transport Association http://www.eta.co.uk/ Their blurb says....

Campaigning for a sound and sustainable transport system - Environmental alternative to the other motoring organisations - Wide range of services including breakdown and travel insurance

Roger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE