Moth and Wasp

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Went for a wee wander near some local, been a while since I walked up there. Totally changed from what I can remember.

View from woods over to home town.

Shows the prevailing winds up here. Looking NNE

Whilst sawing some wood ( for later ! ) this cheeky wee moth decided to watch what was going on. Anyone ID the moth ?

Found a nice wee clearing with some felled Birch ( great find I reckon ) , used the Laplander to cut some wood blanks for later, caught this fella on an offcut.

Nice wee supply of deciduous trees and some pine as well, sorted with wood ( pre-cut !!, result ) almost on my door step.

Pete

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi Pete, that looks like a nice day out.

Not much chance of a moth id from that angle I'd say, as you need to see the pattern on the wings.

The wasp is a common wasp, but unusually it looks like a male, which are really only seen around this time of year. You can tell them by their antennae, which are longer than usual.

Excellent pictures too! :)

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
Its actually Cumbernauld. The hills in the background are the Campsie Fells.

Pete
I thought it was, although it would have been quicker scrolling down to read this than pouring over the pictures to confirm! ;) Where abouts is the first picture? Up near Palacerigg?

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Very good shout Lupis. Its South of the Town and heading towards Palacerigg. That track is (fairly) new, access for Fire Brigade, lot of woodland and peat land there.

I am very fortunate in that I am literally 5 mins from these woodlands, and about a 40 mins drive from Highlands.

Think I know the tower blocks you speak of Sandbender, IIRC they were recently demolished. I can see why you would have thought they were the ones in Dundee.

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE