Morrisons biscuit tin sale

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats very kind mate - I'd be happy to take you up on it - but the postage would defeat the "bargain" purpose :(

I have a plan for an oatmeal tin with a fitted lid though :)

Ref

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
oop north, well most places are oop north from your location Red:)

Will have to take a look in the local one to me now:rolleyes:

LS

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I might have got the wrong ones, but Wayland pointed some out a little while ago.
Of course I had to have a play and here are some of the results compared to a 12cm Zebra. There are two sizes on sale, though I've only played with the smaller ones so far - one with a bail arm and another with chain hooks. The lid on the larger one is possibly useable as a bowl....
pots1001Small.jpg

I had a play to make a support arm that would use the same hooks to enable secure stirring and pouring.
pots1002Small.jpg

Rough and ready - for fear of not using them coz they look too sweet:p

ATB

Ogri the trog

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Looks like this one is slightly different.

biscuittin.jpg

BTW Orgi, really nice modifications there, either Aldi or Lidl are doing a pop riveter next week, I think I may just "pop" down for one

Stephen

That's the only one i could find in my local,bit big so i'll use it for car camping i think.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Looks like this one is slightly different.

BTW Orgi, really nice modifications there, either Aldi or Lidl are doing a pop riveter next week, I think I may just "pop" down for one
Stephen

Stephen,
I did see a few different types of tin on sale, just bought the style I thought would suit best!
I had thought about using rivets, but being an Ex Aircraft Engineer, I know a thing or two about them. I wanted to avoid dis-similar metal corrosion, and pop-rivets are notoriously weak where changeing temperatures and cycling forces (lifting, slight movement etc) are concerned. I used stainless steel nuts and bolts and peined the threads to stop the nuts from un-doing!

Cheers Red,
Praise from you is praise indeed. I'm half-heartedly trying to assemble a "One pouch brew kit" as has been discussed recently.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Gailainne

Life Member
Stephen,
I did see a few different types of tin on sale, just bought the style I thought would suit best!
I had thought about using rivets, but being an Ex Aircraft Engineer, I know a thing or two about them. I wanted to avoid dis-similar metal corrosion, and pop-rivets are notoriously weak where changeing temperatures and cycling forces (lifting, slight movement etc) are concerned. I used stainless steel nuts and bolts and peined the threads to stop the nuts from un-doing! Ogri the trog

Yeah I've looked for the smaller sizes, as Wayland talked about, but I guess my store does'nt stock them :( . The bigger can, as the picture, I thought may interest ppl who cook for more than one, especially as zebras cant be had for love or money ATM.

I understand exactly what you are saying about pop rivets and disimilar metals, however in the subject we are talking about, I think a filed test is in order, just to see how well they stand up.

St.St nuts and bolts remove all doubts however :D

Again nice designs, the handle especially, I always like 2 for 1 deals :You_Rock_

Regards

Stephen

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cheers Red,
Praise from you is praise indeed. I'm half-heartedly trying to assemble a "One pouch brew kit" as has been discussed recently.

Ogri the trog

Not at all mate - the chain version an the handle for pouring / stirring is genius

Can I be first in the queue when you market the "OgriPot":D

Red

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Not at all mate - the chain version an the handle for pouring / stirring is genius

Can I be first in the queue when you market the "OgriPot":D

Red

Red,
I'll try to get hold of a couple more tins and make up some spares, you're welcome to one when they're ready. I can't promise a date though as my impending redundancy is now less than a month away and I only have nine more shifts to work - should be able to gather the materials so I at least have the "Kits".

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE