Morel in my garden

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I was sat in my garden just know when iI looked at the edge and spotted this. Its the first time I have found a Morel

Attachments

• P1010529.jpg
    P1010529.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010531.jpg
    P1010531.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1010530.jpg
    P1010530.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 32

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
looks like a nice fat one too mate! how did you eat it? fry in the pan with butter,salt and pepper then on some decent buttered toast? ;) i believe good mushies need very little.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
we are having risotto tomorrow so will add it to that, will also ask my neighbours if I can have a look in there garden tomorrow as I am hoping the wind will have carried some spores in that direction as there was only one in my garden,

Samon-you look local to me (Somerset) maybe they are out near you too

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
we are having risotto tomorrow so will add it to that, will also ask my neighbours if I can have a look in there garden tomorrow as I am hoping the wind will have carried some spores in that direction as there was only one in my garden,

Samon-you look local to me (Somerset) maybe they are out near you too

well Im south of bristol by a few miles..near you? ive looked many times in the past and never found one sadly. found a stink horn once, had me in fits of laughter for like an hour! not found many rarities though.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
well Im south of bristol by a few miles..near you? ive looked many times in the past and never found one sadly. found a stink horn once, had me in fits of laughter for like an hour! not found many rarities though.

I am just south of Bristol myself, not far from Blagdon Lake. Was a lucky find as my mushroom book says April to May. Hopfully a good sign of more to come for the next two months

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I am just south of Bristol myself, not far from Blagdon Lake. Was a lucky find as my mushroom book says April to May. Hopfully a good sign of more to come for the next two months

yeah, check every day if i were you! reckon your neighbours will mind you looking for mushrooms? haha i meant to say west of bristol btw! not sure why my thoughts/fingers are out of sync..

fished with my dad at blagdon lakes and chew valley when i was a lad.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I read somewhere that the widespread use of wood bark mulch is thought to be the cause of the profusion of morel growth where none were before.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE