more spurtles to sell...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
on my craft stall - not here :)
Normally spurtles would have thistle heads - but I am rubbish at carving thistles ... so I just carve heads!
P5090001.jpg
P5090002.jpg
P5090003.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
They're very lovely John.

Hmm, nice big joint of Silverside in the fridge, £20 worth of Taste the Difference. ;)

This time it'll be either Chilli Explosion (not too hot, very dried bell pepper taste), or an experimental Lee and Perrins Special Reserve and dark Muscovado with coriander. Or both.

Trade?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
They're very lovely John.

Hmm, nice big joint of Silverside in the fridge, £20 worth of Taste the Difference. ;)

This time it'll be either Chilli Explosion (not too hot, very dried bell pepper taste), or an experimental Lee and Perrins Special Reserve and dark Muscovado with coriander. Or both.

Trade?

I am afraid that these ones are pretty well spoken for - they are best sellers at the moment (along with my wooden "Warrior Training Knife" style paper knife/letter openers) but when I get some more Hazel (or Sycamore) I will earmark one for you and we can talk :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice spurtles, and I'd rather have a head than a thistle anyway, you see those everywhere :)

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
They have quite some character to them - something a little different from the norm! Nonconformism is good - I like them!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If I get time to make some before the Moot I will bring some along - the trouble is that they take so long to make (and they sell so fast!) - 1 day to go for a walk in the woods where I know I will find Hazel (it is not common around here), , I can only carve 3 per day before my hands say stop, at least a week to let them dry (I carve them green) before I tidy up the carving, sand them, raise the grain to sand it back (at least a days time) and oil them with Walnut oil (at least 3 coats often up to five).
OK the actual "contact time" with each spurtle is not great but fitting all the stages in to a reasonable length of days is harder :) My other 3 jobs take up a lot of time!
Perhaps I need to put the price up :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE