More of a long walk and cooking some lunch than anythg else. (my first post, pics!!)

Feb 18, 2011
UK
Hi, I'm Mike. I've been lurking here a while, I like the forum, its a nice vibe so I'm saying Hello.

I've been walking more and more recently and started taking food and drink, Got myself a backpack and a poncho. My walks have developed into lowland day hikes, though I'm determined to spend 2 or 3 days out soon, hiking to ancient hill fort sites.

I'm located in south Shropshire so there are plenty of good spots to go, I am learning about bushcraft and camp fires and always leave no trace and strive to remain undetected wherever I go. I try to stick to public footpaths but the woods are so tempting. I am always on the lookout for hawks, deer, wild boar, sheep kills, interesting insects and plants I know a few local farmers that I will be asking for permission to use their woods, I also have a friend who lives in a Yurt all summer and am learning off him a lot as he is well into nature and self sufficiency.

Some pics from my walks during the last couple of weeks...

Hope that's OK

Practicing cooking....

DSCF5002.jpg

DSCF5146.jpg

Ran when parked...

DSCF5131.jpg

Privately owned Bridge over the Severn

DSCF5139.jpg

Deserted fishing lake with dirty great carp wallowing about (cruising about so close I could have netted one!)

DSCF5038.jpg

There!!

DSCF5041.jpg

DSCF5062Stitch.jpg

Brown Clee woods.

DSCF5085.jpg

Poolside on the Clee. (evidence of a previous fire here but not from me)

DSCF5099.jpg

Dudmaston estate Dingle.

DSCF5062Stitch.jpg

Mike

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Hi Mike & welcome..............Nice pics ( who the hell left those 2CV's there ?) .....looks like a great place to wander & think................. those cholesterol kebabs look absolutely delicious...........Just out of interest,.What rucksack did you get ?

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Hello and welcome.

Great pics especially the first two, love your little home made spits. making me hungry.

Can't beat a gentle stroll in the woods with some outdoor cooking thrown in, like your style :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE