Mora's

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Been on me hol's this past few week's had a bit of time out in the sticks, and treated myself to these.

This was after a few hours foraging, collected wood and fire starting stuff!

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
How do you like the 2000 blade?

I love it. Pity about the visual of the handles, but they are very comfortable.
I like all of it! handle an all! the 2000 blade is very effective there is a tad of flex under hard use, and I'm well taken with the thinned front half of the blade, very slicey!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Compared to the more normal/ classic shape of Scandinavian and Finnish knives, the increased roundness of the belly makes it a superb slicer and fine cutter in the front and a goodheavy duty cutter in the part closest to the handle where the blade is thicker.

The only negative - which is unavoidable, is that the tip is wide.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Compared to the more normal/ classic shape of Scandinavian and Finnish knives, the increased roundness of the belly makes it a superb slicer and fine cutter in the front and a goodheavy duty cutter in the part closest to the handle where the blade is thicker.

The only negative - which is unavoidable, is that the tip is wide.

Yer the more full belly in the blade has been of good use, I have done only some de-barking and food prep ho and feather sticks, there was nothing it did not do well the only thing I found was when de-barking the handle is a bit thin where the thumb web is and can get a bit zingy over long use, so I best use it more!

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Have a question for you Janne, have you kept the micro bevel? I have full scandi on the eldris but the 2000 will be asked to do harder work hence why I'm thinking of keeping the micro on it.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Yer the more full belly in the blade has been of good use, I have done only some de-barking and food prep ho and feather sticks, there was nothing it did not do well the only thing I found was when de-barking the handle is a bit thin where the thumb web is and can get a bit zingy over long use, so I best use it more!

its the ffg not the belly that makes it a better slicer than the usual mora scandi grind. There is less metal to bind up against the sliced material. Paring knives as the traditional slicers are thin not wide.

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
its the ffg not the belly that makes it a better slicer than the usual mora scandi grind. There is less metal to bind up against the sliced material. Paring knives as the traditional slicers are thin not wide.

I think your find Janne pointed to the belly being more slicey, I am in some accord with that because its thinned there (like the paring knife you speak of) , I find more belly tends to give more lead in for a cut, or you can push the knife (at a steeper angle) more so without the tip skaging, also ffg? is this knife the 2000 not a scandi with a micro? is not ffg a wedge cross section from spine to edge?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Have a question for you Janne, have you kept the micro bevel? I have full scandi on the eldris but the 2000 will be asked to do harder work hence why I'm thinking of keeping the micro on it.

As I did not renember any micro bevel I had to wait until I came home and checked.
The 2000 blades I have a kind of weird visible bevel. Where the blade is thick it goes about 5-6 mm up on the blade, and where it is thin about 2 mm.

My sharprning produces another bevel, thin. I like a larger angle than what they do, as it lasts longer and I am not fussed about razor sharpness.
If there was another, virtually microscopic bevel there, then I have destroyed it when I resharpened them.

I like the belly as when I slice into fish for example, I do it with a rolling, pulling (against me) motion.

Most of the slicing I do is on people, on gums and inside of cheeks, and my preferred blade has a belly.

No doubt other people have other, just as good, techniques.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
As I did not renember any micro bevel I had to wait until I came home and checked.
The 2000 blades I have a kind of weird visible bevel. Where the blade is thick it goes about 5-6 mm up on the blade, and where it is thin about 2 mm.

My sharprning produces another bevel, thin. I like a larger angle than what they do, as it lasts longer and I am not fussed about razor sharpness.
If there was another, virtually microscopic bevel there, then I have destroyed it when I resharpened them.

I like the belly as when I slice into fish for example, I do it with a rolling, pulling (against me) motion.

Most of the slicing I do is on people, on gums and inside of cheeks, and my preferred blade has a belly.

No doubt other people have other, just as good, techniques.

Thanks for that Janne, I'll go with keeping the micro!
Also, you cut people? Ummm (strokes white cat) I like you! :p

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I have the kansbol (same blade as a 2000 but better handle imo)
i love it as a camping knife. that thin and wide front end is great for food prep. From buttering bread to butchering deer its impressed me this year and become my favorite mora

Jul 24, 2017
somerset

Sorry corso I did not grasp your meaning properly, I had to take a look at the ground section and measure it, your right it dose taper from spine to edge as you indicated. My apology, had a blond moment

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE