mora sheath making

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
i got my first knife in the post today, its the frost mora carbon steel, i love it, great value for money. already iv cut myself on it, so i see now why its highly talked about on the forum. i dont think much of the sheath and i want to make one myself. has anyone got any good advice on how to make one or maybe a good link that i could read. it will be my first attemp at making one so i dont know what i should be looking for in the leather or where to get it. i would be very happy if someone can help me
many thanx
monkey boy

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Great knives eh? :D

Right, as for sheaths, here goes...

Rapidboy's tutorial - makes great sheaths, though unfortunately the pictures are missing.

British Red's tutorial

Either of these should give great sheaths, but given the style of the Mora knives, I would do the following (and intend to, when I get my mitts on some leather):

DKW's tutorial

It's a Scandi sheath, so should fit in with the style of the knife well, though it does seem a little more difficult to me...

Hope it goes well, post pics when you're done ;)

Atb
Pete

PS: Sorry I forgot to say where you can get the leather!
Le Prevo Leathers is a fairly popular one, and you can buy full hides, or if you're only making one or two sheaths, you can buy strapping with the required width.
Atb!
Pete

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
thanx thats does cover everything, il have a go once i get some leather. im gona really take my time with it. i will send some pics in when im dont thanx again that has bean so helpful.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE