mora plastic sheaths

T

tommy11

Does anyone actually like the plastic sheaths for mora clippers e.t.c.....?

I find they do the job well, I mean they hold the knife in place with a click!

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I feel the same, they do the job but i do prefer the look of leather, TBH they look ok with models like the companion and clipper etc , although i think i will make a leather sheath for my mora #1 as i think it will look better,

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Does anyone actually like the plastic sheaths for mora clippers e.t.c.....?

I find they do the job well, I mean they hold the knife in place with a click!

Yes I have a number for Cubs and Scouts and the plastic sheaths do their job well albeit not the best looking in the world.

Now in the event of a fall with a sheathed knife which would be the better plastic or leather in protecting the user?

I really like them one reason i only recently made a kydex replacement and only cause i was doing a video

Like the name it clips and hangs any where from your pocket to a small branchin the woods or nail in the work shop clips into MOLLE
my fav is clipped to teh shirt pocket on my Desert issue shirt same as neck carry bit no floping about on a rope when you bend fwdsATB

Duncan

I lke them and IMHO I don't know why people change them (other than vanity)
I mean it costs to replace a perfectly good sheath and who has money to throw away.

That being said If someone donated a super nice Kydex or Leather Sheath with a nice functional strap for free, then sure I'd upgrade it.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I like them. The old ones fit very nicely in the rule pocket of an overall.
Plastic sheaths knock spots off leather ones if you're working in a wet environment.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
For some knives the sheaths work well.
For other sheaths like the classics No1 106 & 120 etc the sheaths can lack security and the knive often fall out.

Rodger
As far as which is safer. They are as safe as each other if they are well made and fit well.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here is my no1 and sheath I made

SITH2.jpg

SITH1.jpg

SITH3.jpg

Here is my clipper sheath.

Thirdsheath1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE