moose hunting trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
Well I'm sitting here in the UK on an expat deal with my wife and I've truly come to love this country but all good things must come to an end and the good news is this December I'm moving back to Canada. So that means the fall of 2013 I'm going to be moose hunting again!! I can't wait to get a fresh moose steak on the BBQ but I digress. My scheming and dreaming got me to thinking about a cool hunting trip that we've done and plan to do again. My buddy and I take a canoe each and hit a "secret" river in Alberta and paddle a ways then get out and call moose then back in the canoe and do it again. We camp wherever we decide and it's a fantastic trip that takes around 10 days or so. We're both traditional bowhunters and have a simplistic nature about us. I'm thinking about putting it together as a bit of a video documentary, kind of a way of preserving our way of hunting for future generations to enjoy watching. Has anybody here done any documentary work or know someone who does?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I must say that sounds pretty awesome. My boss out here is Canadian and he enjoys all the things you describe.
Canada sounds pretty awesome to me.

I look forward to seeing your documentary.
Andy

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
If you take me with you and pay for my flight, then I promise to learn everything there is about filming and documentary making and will do a good job for you :)

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
Some hunting outfitters in the area may use local guys to film hunts - they might not be cheap if you go through the outfitters, but might be better if you can approach them individually.
The hunt sounds fantastic - don't get many hunting stories on bcuk, mainly because of all the restrictions in the UK I expect. I'm guessing you'll be taking deet by the gallon.....:)

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
Deet by the gallon....I like that! I usually wear a head net and cotton gloves around camp, then when I hunt I have a mesh facemask that's cammo and keeps the skeeters off too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE