moisin nagant 91/30 4x scopes

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm not sure anyone will ever know. He clearly was a skilled sniper and the counter sniper engagement is reported in Zaitsev's memoirs although it is not certain that Erwin König existed. The 250+ claimed kills for Zaitsev seems certainly to have been inflated - although he himself acknowledged the total. His exploits clearly provideda morale boost at a critical period. Unqustionably he was very, very good so my "work of fiction" is harsh. He was there, he was a very good sniper. As for the totals, the existence of Konig etc..... who knows?

Red

Last edited:

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Yup, there were loads of other Soviet Snipers that had many more "kills", including several females and a chap that used to snipe Stukka's with an anti-tank rifle mounted on a cart wheel!

If the PU is anything like the POSP I used to have, then it'll be a pig to zero!

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
major konig never existed zaitsev records a 3 day duel with a german sniper ut didn't know his name and his official record is 242 kills, 6 of them enemy snipers. Ivan Sidorenko was the highest scoring soviet sniper of the war with over 500 confirmed kills but the highest scoring sniper ever was a finnish chap Simo Häyhä with 505 confirmed kills, 542 with unconfirmed kills included and over 700 if you count the kills he got with a submachine gun in just 100 days of combat in temperatures below -20 degrees C. pretty remarkable really

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE