Moh's hardness test on window!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Would the scratch be as significant a risk of cracking if it's a toughened glass panel? Building regs require lower level glazing needs to be toughened glass. This glazing panel is toughened.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
True about the differences, IR selective double packages are mostly used here. Argon filling was a craze years ago but not that much used after it became apparent that it tends to leak out of the presently used sealants. Typical triple glazing here is a 2 package and a single pane on the outside, the construction is also used for sound insulation properties. Quad glazing is typically two twin packages. The present building code here practically requires 250 mm mineral wool insulation for the walls (or equivalent). All this insulation has lead to the funny fact that a four person typical standard family uses more energy in warm water than house heating. This gets a bit far from a scratch. :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Oh well, we'll have to replace it that happens.

Perhaps for the future I need to obtain a bit if glass for him to test on without consequences. Things were easier when I was a kid, single glazed and cheap to DIY replace the glass with just a new but of glass and some putty!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
3M makes a long line of silicon carbide wet & dry fine automotive finishing sandpapers.
I use 600, 800, 1000, 1200 and 1500 grits for my wood carving tool edges.
I order what I need from Lee Valley, on line.

I think the range goes up to 4000 or maybe 6000 but I don't need to use those.

Find some people who restore antique cars. They use the papers to polish pitted head light lenses.
And of course, in the restoration painting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE