Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Only if you tell him...
Repeat after me................
"It's a passaround, I'm reviewing it for the forum"
Which is closely followed by
"Look what I won in the end of passaround draw!"

It goes without saying that neither of these excuses should be mentioned to Katy...
:D

I think I've used that one before :eek:......once or thrice :eek:

I'm awfully lucky y'know :D
M

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
mines 18" x 8" split top

mainly the larger sheet allows less wastage than 2 off 1ft x 1ft sheets

its the oven that limits the size i can do more than the press or sheet and how fast you can get it all toether in the press before it hardens with out burning all the skin of a finger

ATB

Duncan

Ah, an oven man! I use the paint stripper approach, and thin cotton gloves have saved my fingers so far. Getting it all positioned in the press before it sets is the real challenge. That and not scrimping on the material :p better to cut it off than not have enough!

Ah, an oven man! I use the paint stripper approach, and thin cotton gloves have saved my fingers so far. Getting it all positioned in the press before it sets is the real challenge. That and not scrimping on the material :p better to cut it off than not have enough!

yes i use a heat gun as well but mostly the oven for first forming (oven was cheaper than the heat gun ;) )
i found a thin pair of gloves that works well on finger protection but still lets you feel (was looking for my old cotten NBC liner gloves but cant find them )

Yes its always a Bu@@er when you think a bit it big enough but find it could do with another 1/2 " width :eek:

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE