Modded Svord peasant #1

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
This is a work in progress thread but started out as a standard peasant with black scales.
Black micarta scales with a slight bevelled edge with an orange kydex blade stop.The blade has been reduced and reshaped slightly but think it needs more reduction.Im not sure wether to leave the scales as they are or 'scallope' them and add texture.
Any,this is what ive done so far.comments welcome good or bad welcome.

2012_1216picture0005.jpg

2012_1216picture0003.jpg

2012_1216picture0002.jpg

2012_1216picture0001.jpg

Last edited:

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
This is a work in progress thread but started out as a standard peasant with black scales.
Black micarta scales with a slight bevelled edge with an orange kydex blade stop.The blade has been reduced and reshaped slightly but think it needs more reduction.Im not sure wether to leave the scales as they are or 'scallope' them and add texture.
Any,this is what ive done so far.comments welcome good or bad welcome.

2012_1216picture0005.jpg

2012_1216picture0003.jpg

2012_1216picture0002.jpg

2012_1216picture0001.jpg

I like that, looks really good.
Did you use the same dimensions for the distances between the pivot and blade stop pin as a standard peasant?
Just about the first thing I did when I got my Peasant was take it to bits and chuck it onto the computer scanner:)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
yes,i used the old scale as a template to drill the holes for both screws and the little pin inside acuratley.this fits the hand so much better than the standard shape.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Now THAT, really is a knife, I like many other bushcrafters, have the bog standard Svord Knife in orange plastic, and I think it is my least popular knife, and I have a few. You have maybe taken away the traditional shape as far as some people may think, but boy, you have brought it into the modern world. WELL DONE. In deed I may be tempted to see if you would do the same to mine and what it would cost. If I delay, I can see myself having to get into the queue.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Thanks for the comments,i have made an handle that i feel is much more comfortable in the hand.
pm sent:)

Now THAT, really is a knife, I like many other bushcrafters, have the bog standard Svord Knife in orange plastic, and I think it is my least popular knife, and I have a few. You have maybe taken away the traditional shape as far as some people may think, but boy, you have brought it into the modern world. WELL DONE. In deed I may be tempted to see if you would do the same to mine and what it would cost. If I delay, I can see myself having to get into the queue.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Ahhh i see,wooden:D

You'd better wait for my wenge #2 peasant then;);)

Was it you looking for Wenge a while ago? I spotted that thread, few days later found the bit of Wenge in the spare room and then couldn't find the thread.
Did you get some then? I have a bit here if you need enough for some scales, would need to be run through a bandsaw to make two scales but you can have a bit if you need it.

Its about 16mm x 38mm x long enough to make some scales, not cut that length yet and I'll be keeping some for (yes you guessed it) scales myself.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Was it you looking for Wenge a while ago? I spotted that thread, few days later found the bit of Wenge in the spare room and then couldn't find the thread.
Did you get some then? I have a bit here if you need enough for some scales, would need to be run through a bandsaw to make two scales but you can have a bit if you need it.

Its about 16mm x 38mm x long enough to make some scales, not cut that length yet and I'll be keeping some for (yes you guessed it) scales myself.

Yes it was me and i did find some but you can never have enough wenge,got a few peasants to mod:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE