Mint Lemonade

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
After a long hot day of samphire hunting, weeding and general gardening fun I brushed past one of my mint plants and was reminded of a conversation i had with The Boss after she had gone up to the big smoke (Cardiff) and been to a Lebanese restaurant where she had a mint lemonade. A quick google brought me this simple recipe. I heartily recommend it as a very refreshing drink. I didn't add anything else to it, but Gin did spring to mind ;)

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Sounds great, but don't let the folks on ther "Healthy Eating" thread see it, all that sugar!

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Must confess, I did find that recipe too sweet for my tastes, I'm one of those wierdos who eats the lemon slice at the end of the G&T, and halved the sugar content for my second batch.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I made a batch of this earlier on, also with half the sugar and Limes, as I didn't have any Lemons.................A new addiction! I also eat slices of Lemon or Lime wherever I see them :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds tasty, but waaaaay too sweet for me too. I think I'll have a go with rather less sugar.
I like the bit of lemon they put in my diet coke :D

Thank you for the link :cool:

cheers,
M

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Out in Bosnia all the cafe's serve 'lemonade'; basically tons of lemons squeezed into water, no sugar added. They bring you sugar with it to the table, add to taste. Maybe it is the quality of their lemons but it is delicious.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
This is our drink in Greece. Luckily we have a couple of Lemon trees in the garden so it's easily made. Squeeze a lemon some mint and top up with soda or sparkling water. I add a little stevia 1/2 a teaspoon. Stupid thing is I forgot to bring some back so ended up buying 4 for £1 off the market, which will be tasteless and probably juiceless.
evu5a4as.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Lemon juice plus fizzy water and sugar os my favourite French cafe drink, le citron presse, also excellent on the mint theme is the mint syrup from the River Cottage preserves book, males a lovely mint julep with or without the bourbon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE