Mini Svord Phesant knives ''Question''

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I'm trying to find out if there is such a knife,as a Mini Svord Peasant friction folder on the market,as I wanted 2 to put in survival tin's,As generally the type of knife which comes in your survival tin's are cheap buck 110 copy's.
cheers any info welcome

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
From what I can make out the thing to do with the Svord is ground the back of the blade off with a dremmel or grinder. This shortens the blade to under 3" without effecting the actual cutting ability of it. Some people have also stated that because the knives are quite rough and ready a fair few of them just turn up at slightly under 3" anyway so do not need altering. I think the Svord makes a great survival back up knife as it looks like it could take a beating and could cope with splitting wood.

Another decent single blade knife that you might want to look at is the Rough Rider Stockman You can get them for about £8.75 delivered and they are well made for that level of money. If space is a consideration and cash not so much look at a small Douk-Douk knife.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
google morris friction folder or k'roo friction folder for more compact variants of the style

both are very reasonably priced

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE