Mini Survival Tin - BushcraftUK special offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

polymathproducts

Silver Trader
Hi, fellow bushcrafters!

Sorry to report that this offer is now closed (as of January 2015) as we've ceased our trading activities on here. This is purely to cut down on the administrative time of processing orders; nothing at all against this great forum and community! Thank you all for your support and understanding!

Cheers, and best regards,
Luke
Polymath Products

Last edited:

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Hmm very tempted to get one and modify it for a more urban approach.

Take out the fishing kit and substitute, maybe, a couple more glowsticks or some small birthday cake candles a book of matches two or three coins for the phone. Loose the condom and ferro rod and put in a small sewing kit for emergency repairs. Possibily some duct tape wrapped round an old store card, a photo of my wife to keep me going. Take out the Paracord, pop in a couple of sticks of gum a small flat whistle some bank notes (in case there a store where I can get stuff). IF a big IF there's room some OTC meds (Aspirin antacids etc) Wrap the paracord round the tin so it's kept closed and you have the cord to hand.

polymathproducts

Silver Trader
Thanks for your post, TarHeelBrit. It could well be modified to work as an urban survival kit, as you've suggested. The Mini Survival Tin, as it stands, is designed for general outdoor survival use. We designed it as an even more compact version of the traditional 'Altoids tin' survival kit, including as many versatile kit components as we could physically fit in to the tiny tin.

Cheers,
Luke

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I'm just trying to work out my budget for a survival camp for the scouts to see if I can stretch it buy 10 of these.
Although, I would need to take the condom and scalpel blade out, just to avoid upsetting some overly sensitive parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Stretch a few ranger bands (segments of inner-tube) around it to keep it shut (or looped horizontally around lid/tin interface to make waterproof). Apart from its other uses, there's no better fire-starter - will burn for a long time even if wet.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Thanks for your post, TarHeelBrit. It could well be modified to work as an urban survival kit, as you've suggested. The Mini Survival Tin, as it stands, is designed for general outdoor survival use. We designed it as an even more compact version of the traditional 'Altoids tin' survival kit, including as many versatile kit components as we could physically fit in to the tiny tin.

Cheers,
Luke

Well I was thinking as I have the UCSK on it's way to me, I thought I might have a go at an urban version. ;)

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Looks good, if its still available in a couple of weeks time I'll be up for one. (I have to rationalise my investments, LOL)

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hello!

That's a lovely little kit, and although I'm currently resisting hard, no doubt I'll give in one day soon and buy one, and probably the shotgun cartridge too :)

Please could I ask a question? I've been looking for a small line holder like that for a long time, could you tell me what they called or can you suggest where I could get them from?

Many thanks

Andy

polymathproducts

Silver Trader
Hi Andy, thank you for your interest in our survival kits and your question. :)

The small fishing line spool is produced by ourselves, designed specifically to be the right shape to fit in the UCSK but works well in our mini tin too.
I have seen various 'fishing spools' available (although most often larger in size, used for crabbing etc), it would be quite easy to make one using a cut down ice cream stick or something similar... a good excuse to enjoy a nice ice cream ;-)

Best regards,
Sam
Polymath Products

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Hey guys sorry I thought I already posted. My MST arrived safe and sound. I was going to modify it but when it arrived and I gave it a good look over I decided not to. It now has 15ft of 3mm cord wrapped round the tin and it lives in my car bag.

Thanks,
Malc.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Great looking bit of kit and well thought out....only thing I might add is a length of cotton or fake sinew to use with the needle (I know you could use the fishing line but then it'd not be there for fishing) and maybe as mentioned below a few cut up strips of old bike inner tube for fire lighting in very wet weather....we used to use this method to light fires in the jungle were it's uber wet ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE