Mindless Tree Vandals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
It's getting to the stage now where it's becoming harder to get permission off the farmers and landowners in the area, They're just not keen on having people on their land anymore, Which is understandable considering the recent spates of Vandalism:(

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Just got in from a lovely day out, As i was walking home there were around 12 children carrying crates and bins down to a field, i say children- they were around 16/17 but they act like children.

I was going to report them but as i was by my home police were on their way down there :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Just wait till they get a Laplander, a Scandinavian Forest axe and start practising their bushcraft techniques. There'll be no trees left.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It's a sad fact that this in not a new thing, its certainly gone on as long as I have been camping which is about forty five years. Rubbish, junk, burning in an unnecessary fashion has always been there whether through ignorance or just don't care or don't give a dam look upon life.

The reality is there is not much you can do about it other than make reports which in the main are pointless or just tidy up; the second option will often be the most fruitful.

Another thing to take onboard is that the more incidents like this are highlighted in the media, the quicker the outdoors will be closed off to everyone...to make sure we are all nice and safe :( A two edged sword really.

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
I cycle and walk in this area a lot. I cycled past on Wednesday or Thursday last week and couldn't believe the amount of litter that had been gathered by the volunteers (I assume), there were tons of bags of beer bottles and discarded tents piled up just outside the entrance to the wood.
Raywell is just a few minutes from me, it's so saddening when your local beauty spots are trashed in this way. I'm a keen walker, mountain biker and bird watcher and it's a lovely little area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE