Meth bottles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I went into Mountain Warehouse. They had 300ml Sigg knock offs for a few quid. Hasn't leaked yet and 500ml is too much anyway for me.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My trangia bottle is a wee hip flask shaped plastic one that only holds about 200ml. It's kind of like the one in this link.
http://www.campprimitive.com/2012/10/swedish-army-mess-kit-review.html

Failing that, the pound stores are selling sound aluminium bottles (in pretty metallic colours :D ) that hold about 250ml. Very light, haven't leaked on us yet, and they're only £1. Fits neatly inside the Swiss army stove too :)

cheers,
Toddy

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I use a Swedish army meths bottle, it was a quid from military mart. Not sure the total capacity, it's about 250ml I think.

Julia

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
I use a vango bottle or if you want smaller I use a listerine 100ml bottle - hasn't leaked yet after about 8 months and as I travel frequently I pick them up regularly.

Thanks
Tim

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
For a weekend trip I would use a 100 ml recycled spring water bottle. Plenty strong enough, and extremely light weight. Don't store alcohol long term in Al containers.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
Someone suggested to me that if you have a friend who uses nail polish, beg the bottle that nail polish remover comes in because they are intended to hold alcoholic liquids without leaking.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Grabbed a few travel bottle sets from the local £1 shop and been using them for various fluids such as olive oil, sunblock, coffee syrup etc but was worried about carrying meths in them so tested a couple out and no problems yet after a month.
mini-meths.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Be careful with 'Sigg' type fuel bottles, meths can and does attack the seal and you can end up with a leak or worse still a locked top. Trangia do a 300ml bottle.

Jan 2, 2011
dancaster
Used a few different bottles in the past but settled on the 8oz vargo bottle. It's solid and it holds a few days worth of meths for a penny stove. I use it everyday and store my windshield around it. ☺
aqu3uny9.jpg

Chasseur

May 16, 2010
Ireland
Hi Muffinski!
I have always used SIGG bottles for meths and petrol, no issues with seals in 20 odd years. I use a litre optimus bottle for longer trips and a 500ml bottle for shorter outings. I am always afraid of a meths spill, I have two of the swedish army trangia bottles but I wouldn't trust them unless they were crushproof inside in a stove.
My favourite bottle is the €5 500ml kidney shaped flask I bought in TK MAXX a few years ago. It contains a 12 year old Chivas Regal, which keeps things nicely fuelled generally :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi Muffinski!
I have always used SIGG bottles for meths and petrol, no issues with seals in 20 odd years. I use a litre optimus bottle for longer trips and a 500ml bottle for shorter outings. I am always afraid of a meths spill, I have two of the swedish army trangia bottles but I wouldn't trust them unless they were crushproof inside in a stove.
My favourite bottle is the €5 500ml kidney shaped flask I bought in TK MAXX a few years ago. It contains a 12 year old Chivas Regal, which keeps things nicely fuelled generally :)

So do I and for paraffin, but some of the Sigg 'clones' just don't work for meths, the seals fail.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE