Merino / Cashmere / Wool sweaters-pullovers-jumpers, where to buy them (online)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I need to stock up on plain wool pullovers (no zips or buttons, solid colour, the kind that you would wear over a shirt and maybe tie, not out bushwhacking) for the coming autumn and I would appreciate your help with finding them online. CTshirts(.co.uk - Charles Thyrwitt) sells two for £80 which is about the most I would like to spend. They have a few colours in pure cashmere also for a hundred a piece ... Any other places I should be looking? Preferably tall- and slim fit, not tent-sized. Too many seem to have a very deep V-neck :/ or the awful (on men) "scoop neck". Brand is a non-question, I prefer clothes with no visible logotype on them.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The Edinburgh Woollen Mill shops sell very good sweaters/pullovers like this. Their special offers are often well worth a look.
http://www.ewm.co.uk/special-offers/2-for-45.html

My youngest son is 6' tall, broad shouldered but lean (32"W/31"L in trousers) I need to buy XL sizes for him for length of sleeve and body, but not for the width around the waistline, so I know what you mean about the fit.
I often find that the golfing merino pullovers are a good fit on him. However, like you, he doesn't like wearing labels and logos on his clothes.
Patra also sell really nice silk/merino ones that fit well, but they're not cheap :sigh: http://www.patra.com/products-Crew-Neck-Jumper_SCJM.htm

Cheers,
M

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
Thank you all for you replies. I had a look on ebay UK yesterday and found a good number of items. It would seem certain brands golfers are attracted to are sold for half the price in the UK compared to prices in Swedish shops. (Like in the case of Barbour jackets). Sized appear to differ more than a little bit between different brands and models so I guess I have to pay a local store a little visit before I place my order.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
Thank you rik_uk3. I ordered a couple of "Lyle and Scott" jumpers from the UK (they go for 90-100 GBP here 0_o), but the large size is what I would call a medium and way short also. And this was the club range (with a green logo) which is supposed to be more true to size. Well at least they were very cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE