Meraklon

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Just interested to what the negative aspects of meraklon Are.
I don't own any products. I do have a silk balaclava I find very
Comfortable.
I'm looking at baselayers and glove liners. Meraklon 'seems' perfect.
Penrith survival have been selling it for as long as I can remember, so how about some real life experiences?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got Sub Zero's wristies and a neck tube which I find work well, it's very light stuff but warm with it. I've only worn mine in very cold weather so I'm not sure if it gets smelly over time like poly stuff.
The two pieces I have aren't particularly well finished but they certainly work.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've had a few tops, and it does work well, but becomes smelly if you are working hard, i used mine for cycling, and could'nt get 2 days out of a top, but walking/backpacking they were fine.

Rob

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I haven't used the under wear but have used Helly Hansen Lifa Stuff and would imagine that the performance (warm,comfortable) and issues (smell) are the same.

I have used the gloves and found them comfortable, light,warm even when wet and cheap (£4) so a no brainer IMHO.

What I really rate are The Meraklon Headovers(Survival Aids / Penrith Survival) which I have used since the 80's.
Never mind Buffs at £12/£20 (I got one for Christmas).

The headover is warmer, again, even when wet.It washes easily and dries quickly and at £4 it would be rude not to.

No connection with Penrith just a very satisfied user for over 25 years.

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE