Meindl Perfekt sizing and help finding some?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crunchiespg

Sep 22, 2014
Cochrane, AB, Canada
I've had meindl Perfekt boots in the past, but I can't recall my exact size in them as the sizing chart im finding online is a little off.
In berghaus, and most other shoes, for instance I'm a perfect uk 9/euro 43.
But it seems meindl call 43 a 8.5uk and uk9 a 43.5. So I don't know which ones to buy. And I'll have to buy blind online as no one stocks them here.
Can anyone tell me how the Perfekt fit?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of a UK store that stocks them and would post them to Canada? I'm from the uk and find European boots fit me much better than anything sold here.
Thanks for any pointers.

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
If you are comfortable with euro 43, you should take a euro 44 at the Meindl Perfekt, because they are made of just one piece of lether and the double-stitching and they wont widen.
I made about 16.000 kilometers on my trip around the world and my Perfekt are still in perfect condition. Honestly these shoes are the most perfect shoes I ever had. Hiking, climbing, everyday-use. I never had problems or blisters. Absolute perfect.
A photo you can find here https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010195953439 . I don´t know how to post photos:)

On Meindls homepage you can find a few dealers in Canada who are official Meindl-Partners:

Outdoor Essentials

1217 Main Street
Smithers, B.C.
V0J 2N0
Telefon: +12508777744

http://www.bvoutdoors.com
info@bvoutdoors.com
River Sportsman

2115 Island Highway
Campbell River, B.C.
V9W 2G6
Telefon: +18006637217 (Toll Free)

http://www.riversportsman.com
info@riversportsman.com
Fishers Hardware Ltd.

3300 Coldstream Avenue
Vernon, B.C.
V1T 1X9
Telefon: 1-250-542-4321
Telefax: 1-250-542-8055

Neiser Sales Service & Rentals Ltd.

8079 Neiser Rd.
Lake Cowichan, B.C.
V0R 2G0
Telefon: +12507496033

Crunchiespg

Sep 22, 2014
Cochrane, AB, Canada
Thanks for the reply. But like I said I've had them before, and I definitely wasn't a 44. I just can't remember if I was their uk9 or their Euro 43.

Also I'm looking for a uk stockist as they are half the price of Canadian dealers. And seeing as I have to buy them online anyway it's just as easy to order from England as elsewhere in Canada.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Try them on, then decide. Never go by what other people say for footwear. What's heaven for one, can be blister heaven for someone else :p (And buy a bit bigger if you're planning to use it for hiking, foot's swell and go up half a size or a full size (only you know howmuch)).

Crunchiespg

Sep 22, 2014
Cochrane, AB, Canada
Try them on, then decide. Never go by what other people say for footwear. What's heaven for one, can be blister heaven for someone else :p (And buy a bit bigger if you're planning to use it for hiking, foot's swell and go up half a size or a full size (only you know howmuch)).

I've owned the same exact boots before. But can't remember the exact size. It had worn off the old boots. So I know in the right size they fit well. But I can't try them as there isn't a pair in stock on this continent! And the size charts are confusing my choice as they contradict.

I walk 25km+ every single day. So I pretty much live in hiking boots.

Last edited:

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com

That´s totally correct. I would never buy shoes online. Ok, I never bought anything online because I like to try and check, but generally it is always much better to buy at a store or local dealer. But Crunchiespg wrote that he has to buy per internet. For what reason ever.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I've owned the same exact boots before. But can't remember the exact size. It had worn off the old boots. So I know in the right size they fit well. But I can't try them as there isn't a pair in stock on this continent! And the size charts are confusing my choice as they contradict.

I walk 25km+ every single day. So I pretty much live in hiking boots.

Just from personal experience, i noticed even the same size can be different (or my feet just swell and crimp constantly xD). I'd never buy any shoes online unless i know i can send them back without charge and get a sizechange sent without extra charge (which basically means i don't buy shoes online but walk around in a store for an hour or so xD). Learnt that lesson after buying my second pair of Meindl's, first pair was great, never had a problem in them, second gave me blisters within 5 km. Same pair, same size.

Crunchiespg

Sep 22, 2014
Cochrane, AB, Canada
Just from personal experience, i noticed even the same size can be different (or my feet just swell and crimp constantly xD). I'd never buy any shoes online unless i know i can send them back without charge and get a sizechange sent without extra charge (which basically means i don't buy shoes online but walk around in a store for an hour or so xD). Learnt that lesson after buying my second pair of Meindl's, first pair was great, never had a problem in them, second gave me blisters within 5 km. Same pair, same size.

That's the beauty of full leather boots! They mould to your feet so as long as they are made on the last that is shaped for your feet it's just a case of breaking them in.
But I get your point.

The issue I'm facing is I clearly have English feet. Not Canadian feet. So I've tried literally every boot I can find here and none of them fit. So I've had to buy berghaus boots from England anyway until I could find more meindls.
However it's all good as Giantwalks has very kindly stepped in with some help so I'll be set!

Last edited:

Crunchiespg

Sep 22, 2014
Cochrane, AB, Canada
Ok. I now know I need some in uk 9/euro 43. The ones I had coming have not appeared and I need to get some new ones ordered asap.
Can anyone suggest a good place with them in stock that will send to Canada for a reasonable price?
Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE