Meetups planned this year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hey chaps

Sorry I haven't been about much lately, work has been crazy.

I'm looking at putting dates together for thr coming year and hope to have a schedule in place by the end of this week.

My aim is to put on 1 per month with an extended week long meet over the summer holidays. So... I'm just checking with folk if there are any dates that I need to avoid?

Let me know and I'll ammend accordingly.

Now I know not everyone will be able to make every meet but if we get a schedule organnised it allows people to plan which meets they can get to and therefore get to as many as possible.

Looking forward to getting under a tarp again soon

Dave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Happy New Year to you, Dave. Better too much work than too little. :)

There's a few (me included, hopefully) going for Gray's "Cold Weather Bivvy", the last w/e in Jan. (26/27). Don't know of anything else happening soon in Yorkshire/Lancashire.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I'm going to be talking quite closely with Gray to makr sure we dont end up clashing

But it wouldbe nice to offer a couple of meets a month, that way if you cant make one you might make another

Happy new year to all too lol

Hope to see you all soon!

Dave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I'm going to be talking quite closely with Gray to makr sure we dont end up clashing

But it wouldbe nice to offer a couple of meets a month, that way if you cant make one you might make another.

After the Cold Weather Bivvy at this month end I think Gray's concentrating more on the minimal (5.or less) aspect of things.

I am all for a basic pitchup in the cold but have little interest in reducing my load out further than it is already, so there may be room in any given weekend for both a minimalist meet and also a regular bushcraft/camping meet such as we have had at Giant's Seat & Middlewood. I dare say there are others who might feel the same way.

Just my two penn'orth.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
After the Cold Weather Bivvy at this month end I think Gray's concentrating more on the minimal (5.or less) aspect of things.

I am all for a basic pitchup in the cold but have little interest in reducing my load out further than it is already, so there may be room in any given weekend for both a minimalist meet and also a regular bushcraft/camping meet such as we have had at Giant's Seat & Middlewood. I dare say there are others who might feel the same way.

Just my two penn'orth.
yep,I agree with you Ian, theres traces of that now showing for the weekend at the end of Jan. I have opened it up and said use a tent if needs be, I just want members to enjoy the meets. :)

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Happy New Year from Riam Hannah and Rafe. I will think of some good camp activities for us to all do.This year i plan to bring my family to camp, but i will still bring the KRAKEN.

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
If their is Kraken their will be serpents seen coming up from the deep Beware the KRAKEN. and if you can find some redfox please bring it along , i will try and get to some of these meets cheers and happy new year G.M.B.G.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Just my two penn'orth.

ian, I agree. Inexperienced as I am I feel I need more basic meet-ups, able to just practice slinging my hammock or piching my tnet, getting to be able to make fire without worrying, just getting used to pitching up for a couple of nights. And learning the bushie skills you guys take for granted :). When I've got that together I'll be better able to "go wild".

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Righto Folks

the new dates are up (open to change if they don't suit) I also want to get some one dayers in here and there this year, maybe hikes or visiting areas of interest to the group for days out (making some of the events a bit more family friendly) I would really value your input and look forward to hearing from you all.

Let me know what you think of the dates so that i can get them booked before those pesky scouts lol

Thanks guys and its good to hear you're all as ready to get out there as i am lol

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE