Medium Alice Pack with frame

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Hi all

i'm considering buying a medium alice pack with frame for my rugged bushy pack

what are they like in the real world re:

Comfort [shoulder straps etc] does the frame cut into your back at all?

what is the dry weight approx?

what is the approx capacity in litres?

any other issues i should be aware of?

any replies are much appreciated

regards
max

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
better than the large ALICE, very good pack, not in the slightest waterproof so pack a bergen liner, roughly 45 litres volume. frames is not the most comfortable under heavy load, but makes awkward loads better to carry. frames are hard to get, as are genuine straps in good condition.
its a good rucksack tho to be fair, but you won't find it in the same league as a soft carry rucksack like a a lowe alpine, berghaus or similar.

if you do get one, change all the pocket and lid fasteners to quick release types. the originals are fussy.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The ALICE is the best pack I've shouldered so far (the large or medium; I have both) I dislike soft packs or internal frame packs though so I'm biased. There are loads of aftermarket upgrades though including more modern straps and waist belts (wider and better padded) and the QD buckle that Rabbitsmacker mentioned.

Be advised that "waistbelt" is misleading as this pack was designed to ride above your web gear so the belt will ride high rather than actually on your waist (unless you have an unusually short torso)

The advertised capacity is 3800 cubic inches; my conversion chart puts that just under 63 liters. I believe that includes the capacity of the main compartment PLUS the pockets. Weight of the empty pack, frame, and original harness (straps & waistbelt) is about 2.5 pounds (at least mine is)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE