MCQBushcraft

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Does anyone here follow MCQBushcraft on YouTube at all? I've recently done so and he has posted up some good videos on kit and camping.

Was just curious is anyone else does...and if I am not mistaken I could swear he has an axe sheath from a maker here...I think it's angst (beneath the stars)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Yeah I do. I'm not interested in all his stuff and he can go on a bit sometimes, but overall I like his output. He demonstrates good skills, is modest, and produces high quality videos - some of the very best on Youtube I'd go so far as saying.

He does like his gear doesn't he? I'd hate to think how much he has spent on Maxpedition! Mind you, he's moved to other stuff now....;)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hiya....i was quite taken recently when i had several bcuk'ers contact me saying this dude is quite pro-active in promoting my gear all over the place...its always really satisfying when you discover a customer is more than happy with ones work...so i looked him up on youtube and subscribed to him...hes sort of familiar so i'm presuming i've seen him at a show at some point but havnt met him personally.

anyway he seems like a really kool guy and modest as dave said and he knows a lot...hope to shake his hand and thank him for promoting me as he has...

well worth following!

s

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I struggle to watch most youtube videos, I'm much more a reader than a watcher, however I enjoyed the one posted above by Dark Horse Dave. If nothing else it was nice not to sit through one of those appalling intro music sections that most of these videos seem to have.

I'll have a look at the rest of his stuff when I can find the time.

:)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
He's the only youtube bushcrafter I regularly watch. Really like his presentation and is obviously very knowledgeable.

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Mikes as genuine as they come, he's a humble guy just developing his craft and sharing the journey as he goes, he's good company round the campfire and I know he puts a lot of effort in to the editing to keep them as informative and professional as he can.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep, I found him a while back while watching his video that's posted above. I think he's great, clean and modest and has some great skills and nice kit. I'm guessing he's a member here?

LoneWalker

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2014
Devon
Me too. Love his videos. Seems a real nice humble guy. Looking forward to his new series of videos planned for this year.

ganstey

Settler
What everyone else has said is true. I emailed him with a question and he replied. Smashing bloke.

I've been watching his videos for a while now and really like them - very professional and relaxed. It's a bonus that he's based in the UK and not the USA so he's more bushcraft focused than zombie-apocalypse-survive-at-all-costs focused.

I emailed him via the address on his website a while ago about the Plant ID cards mentioned in one of his videos, but never got a reply :(

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Got to admit I'm a fan, but don't subscribe; have left a few comments though. Some good stuff on his vids, some are a bit long, but generally really good info and I take from them what I need to. Seems like a nice chap and has really good knowledge too.
There are few people who are more about the production of an all singing and dancing production rather than content. The key to public speaking; stand up, speak up, shut up.

Alfieasthetics is another one I quite like, but the ‘wide boy geezer stylee’ of his videos sometimes detract from the info he is imparting. But he certainly is knowledgeable.

(oh yes and I also like Reallybigmonkey - he's just great to listen to - a southern version of Shug).

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
dont do it angst....bite your lip....ugh....argh....struggle....gotta say it...no dont...gotta! no dont....!....too late!:

nowt wrong with prepping...plenty wrong with preppers....

oh god why did i open my mouth....:(

I watch Mikes vids and I also like the fact that he is more Bushcraft than Prepper. Not that there is anything wrong with prepping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE