May End meet pics...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Folks! Some pics and write up of our latest foray. A somewhat depleted meet, but great fun none the less, we were blessed with lovely weather and set about our woodland weekend. Photos as usual are sef explanatory.

A longer than usual meet, due to it being a bank holiday, lots of carving,sharpening, walking,quality quisine and of course libation! I chose a gentle bimble due to the age, infirmity and the fact that some of the members have alien parts recently fitted to their bodies.

We were disturbed at about midnight on the second night, by a nosey teenage policeman, but in fairness to him, he made us all feel like teenagers, as he thought we were organising a rave! But one good look at us and he was satisfied, it was just a bunch of old duffers playing in the woods.

A top top weekend, with plenty of laughs and brilliant company.Thanks guys an gals.

Any comments/questions, as always welcome.

Thanks for looking

Till the next one.

Ivan...

May Bank Holiday Weekend 016.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 003.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 004.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 005.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 006.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 007.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 009.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 010.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 011.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 012.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 013.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 014.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 015.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 017.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 019.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 020.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 021.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 022.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 023.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 024.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 025.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 026.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 027.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 028.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 029.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 030.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 031.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 032.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 033.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 034.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 035.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 036.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 037.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 038.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 039.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 040.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 041.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 042.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 043.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 044.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 045.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 046.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 047.jpg

May Bank Holiday Weekend 048.jpg May Bank Holiday Weekend 049.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks chaps,it sure was a fun weekend.
The eldest boy made a Bullroarer (Crocodile Dundee)
Which lead to the quote of the meet.
"He looks like Stephen Hawkin fly fishing!"

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Thanks Ivan for another great weekend. Steve and myself turned up late Friday night to be greeted by Dave who'd be slaving over a hot fire cooking our tea, spicy chicken, jacket potatoes and salad - thanks Dave.
Ate, drank and laughed like lords the whole weekend with great weather to boot.
Thanks also to our Scottish friend for the great company there and back who also treated me to sausage and mash in a country pub on the way home - you know the way to a fat lads heart!
Looking forward to the next one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
It's not true what they say about the Scottish! They do put their hands in their pocket when food or beer is about (usually someone else s pocket though!)

Looks like a fine time was had by all and I'm still drying my tears yet again.
Looking forward to making up for lost time on the next one.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Elen, it's called The Cleave, at Lustleigh, a very pretty village, and within sensible walking distance of one of my permissions, very friendly, good food and they keep their ale well too.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yes indeed this was a great meet for me
Used a tarp made by the rather talented Bucephelas for the first time and also took my double bit axe bargain along to make Ivan jealous
Thanks as always to Ivan and Alison to the radio for hosting. Mcvittie McBiscuit and Turk McDurty for entertainment.Especially Mr Mcbiscuits athletic version of chase the crazy dog around
Mr Webster for being so kind as to jump in and offer a lift as my staff were absent due to a combination of sickness and suspected malingering
Dave 53 who stayed up to welcome us on arrival and made sure we had some hot grub He also provided some Avante Garde nocturnal music.His symphony of sleep aponea parts one two and three has got to be heard to be believed

And most improved newcomer Lee who is is a valued addition to our little happenings

And the weather was perfect
Nobody does it better

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh yeah! It's all coming back to me now. Richie i would love one of those tarps made from industrial strength parachute, please, oh and can you fabsil it for me, and seeing as you are going to be crock for a while, post it to me?
Seriously mate, nice bit of kit, and your sewing skills have to be admired.

Oh nearly forgot, whilst you have the sewing machine out, a custom bag for my new Gelert Solo, cheers, actually Steve wants one aswell, and you should knock one up for yourself, coz we know you have the material and all that time on your hands.

Atb.

Ivan...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Ivan, I'm on the machine as soon as my aarse muscles stop aching and will knock up something special for you.
I'll add a matching woodland chair and some detachable tarp doors too.

I can't be bothered with posting it though. Do you have any idea of the cost of a second class stamp these days?
Best I just drive down and deliver it personally when ready.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Ivan, I'm on the machine as soon as my aarse muscles stop aching and will knock up something special for you.
I'll add a matching woodland chair and some detachable tarp doors too.

I can't be bothered with posting it though. Do you have any idea of the cost of a second class stamp these days?
Best I just drive down and deliver it personally when ready.

**** muscles aching? Is that the Welsh strain of meningitis?

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Elen, it's called The Cleave, at Lustleigh, a very pretty village, and within sensible walking distance of one of my permissions, very friendly, good food and they keep their ale well too.

I remember Lustleigh! I have to get down there! When's you next meet likely to be? I'm strung out going to Northwood the end of June, Sussex at end of July, the Bushmoot in Aug, Paul Kirtley in Sept! Must fit Dartmoor in there somewhere ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE