Maxpedition Mini EDC Pocket Organizer Pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Lots of us use the Maxpedition EDC to good effect, my one problem with them is that they were just a little too big to fit in some trouser pockets - notably my kecks of choice the 5.11 Tactical!
Maxpedition have brought out a slightly smaller version which solves that problem:
Maxpedition Mini EDC

miniedc.jpg

Product Features

Very compact 4" x 6" x 0.75" size
Drops into pants cargo pocket or backpack/bag
Full clamshell opening main compartment with dual zips
Inside left: Slip pocket; key ring; elastic organizer with 6 divisions
Inside right: Slip pocket; tie-down loop; elastic organizer with 4 divisions
Front exterior: 1.5" x 3" loop field for patches; mesh slip pocket with hook-and-loop closure
Back exterior: Carry handle; attachment webbing
MOLLE compatible
Attach using two 3" TacTie Attachment Straps (optional accessory)
1050-denier nylon construction with reinforced stitching throughout

Product Materials

1050-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
Dupont Teflon fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
YKK high strength zippers and zipper tracks
Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
High tensile strength nylon webbing
High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
Internal seams taped and finished
Paracord zipper pulls
Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength

0259k4_detail

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Ive got one of these and so far im not that impressed to be honest. Its a great idea and very nicely made but in my opinion its a pig to pack. I think it would have been better with two rows (high & low) of elastic on one side (probably the left) for small items eg, Fenix E01, lip balm, mini bic lighter, Leatherman Squirt, Opinel #7 etc, etc.

What im finding is it really bulges in the middle with the feeling of wasted space top and bottom. Also, the key keeper hook thingy is a pain as that just adds to the bulging.

I want to like this, on paper it meets all my needs but in practise it doesnt (as yet). I shall keep moving stuff about and see if I can make any improvements.

Just thought I would share my initial findings with others.

ATB, Jon.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
i have one and its superb,i cut of the key hanger,there is a loop on the other side anyway.
its easy to balance bulky items by staggering them and raising and lowering opposite each other.
having them in a pouch you fold open means easy access and not all at the bottom of a pouch,hunting to find.
the small one is for my outside bag.
i got the larger one in khaki so dark tools show against it,this houses leatherman and bigger torch etc.this is my travelling around locations kit,with everything i might need.
these are superb,it just takes a bit of thought on packing.

i took the velcrow of as well,it fits my camera bag internal pocket easy.
it also fits most of my clothes pockets.this is the smaller one.
to me its perfect...

P1040960AAA.jpg

P1040962AAA.jpg

P1040967AAA.jpg

P1040964AAA.jpg

here you can see how i raised torch and lowered the knife so its not bulky.

Last edited:

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Thanks for posting your response JTF, that does help. I was thinking about chopping off the key hook thingy and now have (along with the velcro patch on the front). As i said, i really want to like this product and im sure i will once ive got it packed correctly.

Im wondering about removing the elastic on the right hand side as i want to keep my phone on the pocket? Will give that some thought...

gordonmac

Nomad
Oct 15, 2009
Caithness, Scotland
gordonmac.com
I've been using one of the notebook covers for the same thing, this looks much better though as I can attach it using MOLLE Tacties to the side of my Gearslinger for quick access to frequently used bits n pieces!

Thanks for posting this!

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
the way mine is,its light and not bulky,it depends on what you want to carry.
the big one i have is heavy but balanced and easy to open and take out what i need.
we always modified things when i was in the army,i wont keep keys in it or a phone.
i did sit down and give it a lot of though i will admit :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This looks really nifty, but am I the only person who wonders slightly about a storage pouch that fits into a pocket? Isn't that what a pocket is for? :confused: ;)

Doesn't mean I won't buy one though :p

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Looks good. Only problem I have is that I hate having heavy stuff in my cargo pockets and I'm not sure it would work to have it in regular trouser pockets. I like it though. :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE