Matching Sheath Set

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
A neighbour who lives a few boats down is retired ex-navy and mentioned to me he needed some sheaths for his rigging knives so I asked if I could borrow them and I made him some sheaths as hes a kind ol' bloke. Made them from 3mm pre dyed navy veg tan with waxed linen thread and stamped his initials on them.

It's hard to see in the photos but the welt in the large sheath goes from 3 layers to two and the small sheath goes from 2 layers to one. Something I wanted to try and it worked out nicely as I skived the welts down so there are no gaps in between the layers if this makes any sense!

cimg2496p.jpg

cimg2497z.jpg

cimg2502j.jpg

cimg2499a.jpg

I don't usually make plain sheaths but I enjoyed making these and am pleased with the clean result
Thanks for looking
Hamish

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
These looks great mate, im sure he will be over the moon!! It must have been hard not letting your hands run wild and pimp it out..

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
These looks great mate, im sure he will be over the moon!! It must have been hard not letting your hands run wild and pimp it out..

you have nae idea!

Thanks for the comments folks. not my cup o tea either but he said he wanted them as plain as possible and i needed to use this leather for something!

Wait until you see the sheath i am making for myself ;) will be finished tomorrow fingers crossed!

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
you have nae idea!

Thanks for the comments folks. not my cup o tea either but he said he wanted them as plain as possible and i needed to use this leather for something!

Wait until you see the sheath i am making for myself ;) will be finished tomorrow fingers crossed!

hehe, can't wait!! Sheaths look superb, surely your friend will like them :D

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
youre a gent too m8, lovely. by the way....i'm nearly 70 (ahem)....dont suppose you could do a coupla gifts for me.....?

Thanks appreciate all the kind comments

A good friendship indeed hes over 70 and an absolute gent so i was proud to give him these as a gift yesterday he was over the moon with them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE