Matched fletchings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
It's one thing to produce a fletching that flies, but it's another to produce fletches that fly consistantly. I've managed to get a half dozen balanced... only six more to go. All hand fletched, no jig, and whipped from front to nock.

rearview.jpg

frontview.jpg

detailtyingin.jpg

somearrows.jpg

bowarrow.gif

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
benjamin.oneill said:
Your work is fantastic stovie... These look beautiful, and i'm sure, highly effective...

Ben

Cheers ben. Very good of you to say so. I have found the grouping to be 8" at 20yds. I can't ask for much more...

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Very nice work. Did you use any glue on your fletching? What wood are the shafts? Keep the pic's coming :You_Rock_

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
stovie said:
Cheers ben. Very good of you to say so. I have found the grouping to be 8" at 20yds. I can't ask for much more...

I was amazed by "old crooked"... at first glance it was a case of "what the????" and then as soon as it was drawn, presto! These look like alot of work went into them too....

Ben

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
yarrow said:
Very nice work. Did you use any glue on your fletching? What wood are the shafts? Keep the pic's coming :You_Rock_

Hi Yarrow

I tie the front of the fletches then run some glue along the quill prior to spiralling the thread. The shafts are pine. When I have attached the fletchings I trim to shape and varnish the whipping. the shafts are coated with 3 X cedar oil. A steel bodkin is applied last

wararrow.jpg

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
fletching takes a lot of work and patience so good job
going to teach granny to suck eggs but be care ful what you shoot them through a few passes through branches or twigs and youl strip the fletching right off
good work though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE