Matchcase

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leakydiff

Dec 19, 2005
Oxford
There has been a fair bit of slagging off of the Silva matchcase. Obviously these people have never used one. I have a K+M matchcase and the Silva. The Silva went through Africa with me and was tested to extreme. I stopped using the K+M one when the lid popped off once and left me unable to start the fire. I do agree thar 2 O-rings would be better,but I have found that the screw-on lid is better.
Maybe just personal preferance ?

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
u could use 2 shotgun cases cut 1 down and melt the plastic off 1 and then put it round the cut off end with sand paper on a end and use swan matches wit it

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
there certainly seems to be something for all budgets from a p*ss sample tube to this one for under a fiver...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=160147822088&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

to this one, my favourite...

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/life_capsule_beta.htm

Wonder why it is that nobody makes anything like this here in the UK :dunno:

Limited market.

You could always chat up someone with a lathe. I still like 35mm film tubes, if you ask at the Tesco filmm processing counter they will give you a bag full for nowt.

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
Just a thought, plastic vitamin tubes (such as Berocca) have a dessicant in the lid to keep the tablets dry. Can't be a bad idea also for matches or firesteels. Easy enough to glue on a button compass and wrap on some paracord and/or ducttape

Genius idea to make from plumbing copper with push fit end tourist. It's got me mentaly going through my box of plumbing bits How about the plastic plumbing pipe to save weight?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE