mask for new tomahawk (made by Biker)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I recently got rid of my SFA and fancied something more compact and lightweight. Luckily Aaron (Biker) was kind enough to make this for me at a very good price. heres some pictures of the hawk and the test mask for it.

imag1001k.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-05-20
imag0995.jpg

imag0996.jpg

imag0998.jpg

imag0999.jpg

imag1003.jpg

this little takedown hawk certainly packs a punch. had no trouble splitting some rounds. only once did the blade get stuck but was easy to just batton it through. had a quick test at feathering some wood and it was fine as the blade came razor sharp. you can see the size compare with the shades in the photos. dead chuffed with this wee cracker

as for the mask i made its not really been finished to any degree as its just a test for the pattern and will no doubt make a better one as i cut the stitch groove too deep on the front so the leather has closed over the stitches which ruins the look i think. the back is neater. no matter really as it does the job.

one of the new kittens didnt think much of it though...

imag1007.jpg

thanks for looking

Jan 9, 2009
Perth
Nice one man looks good. Bit of a change from your complicated template I saw. Will have to commission one for mine too, maybe with a bungee cord attached so I don't lose it again after 5 minutes

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Hamish. Lovely looking mask that matey. I've been away from BCUK for a few days and I'm working my way thorugh 16 pages of postings!!! :yikes: But I HAD to have a gander at this thread.

Let me clarify something here though, I didn't make the tomahawk. I bought it as a blob of rusty metal and cleaned the whole thing up back to how it should have been when new (though I did leave the mushrooming on the hammer face) then sharpened the little beasty to within an inch of it's life. (Still have the bald spot on my forearm!) Finally I shaped a suitable handle I had kicking about and gave it two coats of linseed oil and finally a wipe over with a cloth which still had some of the blacking I used on the axe head to darken down the wood a bit.

Really pleased you like it so much Hamish and that mask looks the biz. Well done!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE