Marriage tax allowance. Heads up if you meet the criteria below.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all,

Came across this when looking for something un-related. We qualified and its a 2 minute online form with minimal details that could get you £600 spuds if its applicable.

In short if you are married, civil partnership and one of you earns over 11.5k but less than 42k, whilst the other earns less than 11.5k you should qualify. It is also back-dated to 2015. (very slightly different number north of the border)

So if Wife earns 25k, husband earns 6k working part time for instance then the husband needs to fill out the form. The wife will then gets the back dated allowance plus have their tax code modified saving more cash in the future. Plus your back dated payments via cheque in the post.

I sometimes wonder if the government make these things either very quiet or make them sound complicated hoping folk will miss out. Rather than just applying it automatically...

Hope it applies to some on here.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Yes, done it and recommend it too. It works with our pensions as my wife earned for a shorter period than me.

Makes you cynical doesn't it? What I find offensive is that those most in need are often those less likely to be able to find these things out for themselves.

Well done for bringing it to a wider audience.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yes, done it and recommend it too. It works with our pensions as my wife earned for a shorter period than me.

Makes you cynical doesn't it? What I find offensive is that those most in need are often those less likely to be able to find these things out for themselves.

Well done for bringing it to a wider audience.

Especially in this day n age when everything is digitally cross-referenced. The online application was no more than 5 or 10 clicks. It knew exactly how much we were both earning from our P60`s and even used it as an identification check against out NI numbers. Could have easily been an algorithm created that did this automatically. Or at least directly contacted folk making them aware.

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE