Marion Carry Mora 780 Triflex Sheath

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
[video=youtube;U2u1PnqTiqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2u1PnqTiqs[/video]

Last week Marion David Poff sent me two of his excellent concealex sheaths set up for the Mora 780 Triflex. His work is outstanding. If you are looking for a decent sheath for just about any Mora his work is highly recommended.

Mac

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
Fantastic video, many thanks for posting it. I too love the old 780s and when i heard they were being discontinued I did exactly the same thing: I ordered 10 from nordic outdoor! (Wife was not happy.)
Also in awe of your portuguese, I always love to hear people who are proficient in more than one language.
Incidentally is there some reason why you don't use leather sheaths?

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I normally do use leather that has been treated heavily with a beeswax mixture. We have a 2 season climate here and rainy season can be hard on leather sheaths, even when it stops raining they don't dry due to high humidity. In dry season though leather is fine.

Thanks for the compliment, I am a permanent resident of Brazil with 13 years here total so Portuguese fluency is not optional. It still bugs me that I can't shake the American accent but that comes with learning to speak it in my mid 30's. My wife grew up here (American ex-pat) and my kids are dual citizens. They all sound like natives.

Mac

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
http://marioncarry.blogspot.com/

My Mum is dutch, her mum was German, my sister in-law is Swiss-French. You'd think I'd have picked up a foreign language by now, but aside from being able to order beverages in most eurpean countries I still have no fluency at all. Hearing that you learned in your 30s gives me hope as I'm 28, and had vowed to learn a language by the time I was 25! ho hum.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE