Marbles Woodcraft knife - for trade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I have a Marbles Woodcraft with Buffalo horn handle and housed in custom leather for trade. Please note, this is not a vintage Woodcraft but it is a Marbles.

Offered for sale a while ago in the classifieds but first it was sold, then it wasn't, then it was sold again, then it wasn't and I couldn't edit the thread so, stuff it, put it in here instead for swaps :lmao:

marbles-1.jpg

marbles-2.jpg

marbles-3.jpg

marbles-4.jpg

marbles-5.jpg

The handle can be removed or tightened if necessary (never been done to this knife though) using the recessed bolt in the pommel of the grip.

Bought from someone on another forum about four years or so ago, and I've never used it since then. To be honest, I forgot I even had it and uncovered it when I was going through some storage boxes in the attic :eek:

Blade is convex ground from the spine to a fine edge - much, much finer than you usually see on convex knives and all I have done to it is sharpen it. This one is quite thick at the spine - I've not measured it but I reckon it's at least 5mm, possibly even 6mm. Keep in mind that despite being stout at the spine the blade is deep so the working section of the blade is, in fact, very fine. The edges of the spine are 'broken' to allow comfortable pressure to be applied on the spine when carving. I will run the spine over the belt grinder if someone wants the spine edges sharp enough to throw good sparks from a ferro rod.

Be advised that this is a carbon steel blade so the usual precautions should be taken to look after it and, like any knife I have had a hand in, it is very, very sharp.

Would make a passable fixed blade for a Nessmuk trio - not quite a Nessmuk but pretty close.

Nice traditional knife, comfy in all holds and built to work - Hennie's sell them for well over £80

Trade value would be around £50 (strictly to over 18 years old only)

I am looking for a nice rucksack with cash adjustment either way if required: 25 - 30 litre (ish) Maxpedition, Lowe Alpine, Karrimor, even a minty genuine Northern Ireland Patrol pack or similar...

Could be interested in a tarp or bivvi but would prefer a small sack.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE