Making your own bush grog!!!!

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
I made some christmas beer this year - but I don't know if it will last until then!

Just beer with hops, malt (spray dried stuff in packets, v.easy to use), bog myrtle, heather flowers and a couple of cardamom pods. Smells really nice, I just now have to leave it 3 weeks to turn even nicer!

Smells like beery christmas pudding :)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Good grief Red, that's quite a bottling session! I find bottling is the limiting factor - I just don't have the space to sterilise that many bottles at one time. Or the inclination, if I'm honest... ;) :)

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
Good grief Red, that's quite a bottling session! I find bottling is the limiting factor - I just don't have the space to sterilise that many bottles at one time. Or the inclination, if I'm honest... ;) :)

The wife think's it's bad enough with only 20-30 bottles on the go at the moment.
She doesn't seem to mind when drinking it thought!

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I don't do ales, I don't drink them.

I've currently got a few flavoured whiskies on the go (blackberry, bilberry and elderberry).

I've also got 3 demijohns bubbling away with rowan, elderberry and an elderflower (collected the flowers earlier and froze them).

Sitting in the wine racks are bottles of both sweet and dry cherry wine (collected from the local park), elderflower and ginger wine, bilberry and apple (only 1 bottle left, SWMBO loves that one) and a couple of bottles of wild gooseberry.

All in all, I'm looking forward to Xmas.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Made proper scrumpy this year for the first time with my new press, but it was bloody hard work to make 2 gallon. Also got 1G Sloe vodka, 2G of Blackberry wine, 2G Black/Elder mix.
Made Mulberry wine with cloves, cinnamon, orange, lemon last year. That didn't last long!

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
My avatar is the rare white fruiting elderberry.

This year I have about 14 different elderberry wines on the go. Only one is in moderate bulk (4 gallons). The rest are about 2 glasses worth each!! They are to test out individual bushes for their wine making features.

I do need some help tasting some time after Christmas.:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE