Making a Kifaru Nomad type bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
So fancied trying something else in the large pack department giving me an easy option for a day pack, multi-day pack and the ability to change from one to the other with minimal fuss. I am a bit of a Kifaru fan boy and have a lot of their kit so using their Duplex frame, some older style side pockets, their Guide lid, their Grab-it and my own copy of their high camp bag I created a 'Frankenmad' pack.

IMG_4650.jpg
This is the full pack with all kit loaded up, 1 day's food. The capacity is probably maxed at 100L.

IMG_4649.jpg
This is a copy of Kifaru's High Camp bag basically a zipped rolled down bag. Home made today, I used 300d backed fabric and a waterproof zip so it'll withstand a shower, maybe. It's capacity is about 65 - 70L

IMG_4626.jpg

This is the pack in day mode with just the side pouches approx 10L, guide lid approx 20L (it can also be removed and used as a standalone but lightweight pack) and a Grab-it as a 'catch all'.

IMG_4628.jpg
Opened up just to show how it looks.

IMG_4629.jpg
Fully exposed.

I still haven't got a satisfactory bladder repository but I have a few ideas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE