makes you think...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
:eek:

Not really sure what I think of that. A lot to take in as there as some mind bending figures being quoted!

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
AndyW said:
:eek:

Not really sure what I think of that. A lot to take in as there as some mind bending figures being quoted!
I had the same thought, what do they reckon, 80% of statistics are made up on the spot?
It does make you think though, imagine having a a modern mobile phone 10 or 15 years ago,watch TV on it, make TV on it, video calls, store your music, access the internet, text, and it even makes phone calls, it would have been real science fiction stuff!
What does the future hold?

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
it is mind blowing, how will our children think of their furture? :confused: and what will their think of the information that we have seen on that video clip. their will have a laugh :lmao:

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
I am a IT Technician by career and enjoy staying at the fore-front of technology. However I can say there are some truly whacky statements and statistics in that video that just makes me completely doubtful over the accuracy of the statistics. Quoting statistics that have been gathered from either governmental or global corporations is yet another thing that makes me doubtful; as you'll often find the reason they've invested time/money to research or gather statistics is due to their current agenda which I believe yes will affect the accuracy of the numbers. It is somewhat ironic that I enjoy Technology and our advancements and rely on it for my career, yet at the same time I worry about it's impact on the world at large and not just through technology.. but how we are damaging the planet through materials & energy.

The one thing that worries me is loosing things... I meant loosing things in a vast way. Loosing the beautiful nature we have left, loosing traditions, history, sports etc.. In one way you can think of digital technologies as good for recording down information; take for example you could record the performing of an sport or a craft on a DVD-Video, recording that act down in a digital format potentially saving its history and meaning down for hundreds of years, but at the same time I believe our heritage and traditions are (partly) being lost due an immense increase of new-technological use by the general populas. Less people are getting out and doing traditional acts that have been performed for centuries and I mean this in a wide way, from sports to crafts, food to music.

Take for example; Cornish Wrestling, a traditional sport with a history so deep it gets lost in the mysts of time, passed on through endless generations through an unbroken living chain with our ancestors as the art of Cornish Wrestling has traditionally been passed on from farther to son, friend to friend by learning from one another, out on the green.. having a hitch.

- 90% of kids today would rather stay in and play the playstation as appose go out on the green to learn wrasslin from their farther or a friend.

This video just reminds my worry of what the we could potentially loose; and thats a broad list of things :( partly to blame through technological advancements? I cant really decide :confused: I dont think our level of technology has seen us past the point of no return yet, but I think the current pace of things needs to change direction. And I suppose that starts with finding a cleaner source of energy, renewable would be nice ;) lets hope these government peeps invest in whats right.

// RANT OVER! :togo:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE