Magnesium and ferro rod ??

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Gill

Full Member
Jun 29, 2004
3,536
31
59
SCOTLAND
Hi i have been off here for a bit and came back to the new format so i dont know my way about yet. I was looking for a thread from a while back where these were being sold ,they had a wooden handle that could be used for tinder and they came from Canada i beleive .
 
I have one. No wooden handle but I know what you mean. Very entertaining to use.
I used to practice a lot on my fireplace hearth. Sobering to realize that some practice really did help.
30 seconds with finely shredded birch bark tinder. 25 seconds with spruce twigs smashed to fiber.

Sold by COGHLAN'S of (Winnepeg, Manitoba)
Magnesium bar 3" x 1" x 1/4" with a ferro rod down one edge.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE